After Hours At The McCord Museum – Montreal Fashion Tech
After Hours at the McCord – Montreal Fashion Tech is organized by the McCord Museum in partnership with Ville de Montréal and Montreal Digital Spring, and the contribution of Valérie Lamontagne / 3lectromode.
Exceptionally until midnight, with two live DJs and two free drinks per person! Learn about tomorrow’s fashion and unprecedented technical innovation…
- Fashion Mapping, 3D scan stations, wearables, immersive demonstrations, interactive experiences
- Privileged encounters with designers, VR fashion designs, creative workshops
- Contests, prizes to win, and surprises on site!
ON THE PROGRAM
Enter the world of Expo 67 and experience the effervescence of Montreal’s fashion moment with the new exhibition Fashioning Expo 67!
- Fashion Mapping – Premiere projection: attend the unveiling of a light creation by MAPP MTL and the Cégep Marie-Victorin.
- Live painting: follow the live creation of a work of art on fashion’s future—to be won during the evening!—by the Montreal painter Marie-Chloé Duval.
- Live music: house set by ROUX Soundsystem followed by the duo AndFriends.
SMART FASHION DESIGN
- Men’s fashion 3D scan: meet the tailor Nathon Kong and try out his brand new concept for a bespoke suit with a customizable interior pocket.
CONTEST in collaboration with Whatisadam: win a tailor-made suit customized by the famous street artist!
- High fashion shoes: be wowed by Anastasia Radevich’s five dazzling designs and find out how they’re made, from 3D modelling to hand fabrication.
- Custom interactive fashion: enter Stefanka’s smart dressing room that allows you to receive recommendations for the fittest clothes, thanks to 3D digitization. Try the perfect Lilianne Lingerie bra or the ideal Simons Le 31 shirt. $100 Simons gift card to win on site, as well as Lilianne Lingerie products and gift card!
- Next generation Fashion Tech: admire the collection Mode futuriste 1967-2017 designed by students at the École de mode du Cégep Marie-Victorin and of the Sciences informatiques et mathématiques program at the Collège de Bois-de-Boulogne, a Vestechpro initiative in collaboration with VTÉ.
- The Rhinoceros pop-up by Phi: ephemeral décor by a Montreal designer and a selection of special upcycled products 15% off.
- Experience a memorable nighttime thanks to the smart PixMob Klik bracelet (ADVANCE SALE ONLY)! A connected wristband which allows you to interact with space and people around you; it also illuminates during highlights of the evening.
- Virtual design workshop: create your own virtual dress with Imagine 360, equipped with a digital paintbrush and a virtual reality helmet!
- Sensor introduction workshop: learn how to integrate sensors into clothing and accessories with Vestechpro and VTÉ.
- Vibrate to the beat: experience music like never before with the SUBPAC vest that transmits sound waves to the body!
NEW GUIDED TOURS
- Fashioning Expo 67
The Future of Fashion: A Return to the Traditional? Discover how Michel Robichaud and Marielle Fleury found inspiration in artisanal know-how to create the Expo 67 outfits.
Modernity Versus Conformity in Fashion: Learn more about the influence the period’s political conservatism had on Expo 67’s textile designs.
- Wearing our Identity. The First Peoples Collection
The Other Smart Fashion: Aboriginal Clothing. Understand the intelligent design of five First Peoples accessories and clothing items.
Montreal Digital Spring is produced in association with Journal Métro and the support of Concertation Montréal, Tourisme Montréal and La Vitrine. The government of Québec has also supported the project, under the Entente Montréal 2025 agreement administered by the Secrétariat à la région métropolitaine. Additionally, Montreal Digital Spring is supported by PwC, Romeo’s Gin et OVH.
Join the event on Facebook to be kept in the loop and get all the details!
Source: McCord Musem / Photo Credit: Cameron Bradish